Our recipe for summer gooseberry pizza with goat cheese, lavender and sage
Why did we meet this exciting summer combination so late in life? We can’t get enough of sour-sweet goat cheese pizzas with gooseberries. Gooseberry supported by lavender and sage brings pizza not only a characteristic sour sweetness, but also a lot of healthy nutrients. Try it now!
Ingredients for gooseberry pizza
for 4 servings
- 300 grams of flour
- 1⁄2 package of dried yeast
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 g red gooseberries
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 400 g of yellow cherry tomatoes
- 200 g roulade with goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 2-3 large sprigs of sage
- 1 teaspoon of dried lavender flowers
Preparation: This is how it works
- Knead flour, yeast, 1 teaspoon salt, 150 ml lukewarm water and 1 tablespoon oil. Cover the dough and leave to rise in a warm place for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees (180 degrees to hot air). We clean the gooseberries, wash them and drain. Peel an onion, cut it into fine rings. Peel and cut the garlic. Wash the tomatoes, clean them, cut them into slices.
- Stir in the garlic and 2 tablespoons of oil. Mix gooseberries, tomatoes and onion rings with garlic oil. Cut the goat cheese into thin slices with a damp knife.
- We knead the dough on a floured work surface, roll it out on a flat cake and place it on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Put the gooseberry mixture on top. Season with salt and pepper. Tear the cheese into pieces, spread on top and drizzle with honey. Bake the pizza for 25-30 minutes. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Roast the sage for about 10 seconds, let it drip on kitchen paper. Pour sage and lavender on the finished pizza.
Energy and nutritional information for the recipe
Also interesting for you: